If you want to join.. send me an EMAIL and I'll sign you up!
The 2016 Spring INAAPT meeting is April 15th and 16th on the campus of Greenwood High School in Greenwood, Indiana
You can pre-pay for the INAAPT 2016 Spring meeting using the "Pay Now" button below.
The INAAPT 2015 Spring Meeting Program is now available. The INAAPT 2015 Spring Meeting is this Friday and Saturday. The Staff and Faculty at Rose-Hulman have gone out of their way to make the program educational, interesting, and relevant. The Program in pdf can be found here: 2015 Spring Meeting Program. It's a busy time of the year for everyone but, if you teach physics or physical science, you need to make time to attend this event. It will be "worth your while."
- Registration 5:30 - 6:30 PM
- Tour of the Engineering Physics Facilities - They are awesome! 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Demo Derby Show - 8:00 - 9:00 PM Bring your favorite demo to share, or, if you have an apparatus you don't know what it is or how to use, bring it in. We'll help you figure it out! If you are new to teaching physics or are an old salt looking for new ideas this is the place to be.
- Observatory Tours - Will make for a long but rewarding day. Rose-Hulman has one of the finest observatory facilities in the state. They have both automated and manual scopes in a dedicated facility. If you're interested in astronomy and wondering what kind of things you and your students can do, they can tell you.
- Registration 7:30 - 10:00 am
- But don't wait til 10:00 to get there. For the early birds breakfast snacks will be available starting 7:30 am. Opening remarks are at 8:15 followed by a full morning of presentations form 8:30 to 11:00 am. The presentations will cover everything from Indiana State School Standards to Acoustics and Leyden Jars.
Physics Teaching and Climate? Hot Stuff, Indeed!
Lunch is from 11:30 to 12:00 followed by our keynote speaker Dr. Ben Brabson, Indiana University who will emphasize the importance of understanding Physics in both, Climatology, and in mitigating the effects of global warming.
- The annual business meeting will immediately follow Dr. Brabson's Keynote Presentation
Mark your calendars!The INAAPT 2015 Spring Meeting will be held April 17 and 18 at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute.
CALL FOR PAPERS:The call for papers for the INAAPT 2015 Spring meeting can be found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GKHS3X2. Please consider making a presentation.
Registration for Friday/Saturday/Lunch:The pre-registration (not payment)for the INAAPT 2015 Spring meeting is done through a survey located: here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GK6PH89) Please help us out and complete this registration before the meeting so we can estimate attendance/costs/etc.
Stacy McCormack receives Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching
Congratulations to Stacy McCormack on receiving the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics and Science Teaching. More information can be found here.
2013 Spring Meeting Recap
If you didn't make it to this year's INAAPT Spring Meeting you really
missed a great opportunity to talk Physics and Physics Teaching. Some
Amy Haywood from Decatur High School received the Indiana Physics Teacher of the Year Award. Stacy McCormack of Indiana University was elected Vice President.
Peter Berg has moved into the Secretary Slot and Joel Bryan is now President. Our thanks goes to Luci Russo and Ivy Tech for hosting the meeting. There is a tremendous amount of work and effort that goes into sponsoring the meeting. We are grateful for their efforts in making it such a success.
If you presented at the meeting and would like to have a copy of your talk available on our web site - just send it top us.
We hope to post pictures of the meeting soon.